Car Battery Replacement Services Near St. Jacobs, Ontario
When your car doesn’t start, it could very well be that the battery has failed, resulting in a major inconvenience for any commuter. If your battery dies when you are on the road, you’re at great risk of an avoidable vehicular accident, leaving you with no option but to call for assistance to determine the cause.
At TQ Auto Care in St. Jacobs, all our technicians are fully certified to test, recycle, or replace your vehicle’s battery to help keep it starting regularly. We can ensure you choose the right battery for your vehicle to meet your needs and report back any repairs or services needed to get you back on the road. Here’s what you need to know about car battery replacement and repair.
What to Look for in a Battery
On average, car batteries last three-to-five years. And if yours is over three years old, close monitoring of its health is in your best interest. When shopping for a new battery, look for one that has the following:
- Meets or exceeds CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) rating recommended in your vehicle’s owner’s manual.
- A Proper battery tray to hold down the battery and prevent damage from vibration.
- Offers a large capacity and can withstand cold Canadian temperatures.
- Has a sufficient RC (Reserve Capacity), which indicates how long accessories can run while leaving enough power to start the engine.
The Importance of a Healthy Car Battery
- Provides the electrical energy necessary to power your car. This is done by converting complex chemical energy into electricity.
- When the engine is not running, the battery supplies electricity to all the electronic devices in the vehicle.
- The battery starts the car’s ignition system, turning its engine on and getting it running as needed.
- It turns the car’s vital security features on, including any distance sensors and cameras your vehicle may have, automatic emergency braking, blind spot warning, and even enables the deployment of airbags.
Signs of a Faulty Battery
It’s inevitable that your battery will gradually degrade until it can no longer provide enough power to start an engine. At this point, you may need to get a new battery. Here are a few warning signs to watch out for in order to prevent the battery from failing when you need it most:
Your car won’t turn on– Your battery’s most important function is starting the engine, and distributing energy to all the parts in your car. If you’re facing this issue, the culprit might very well be a flat battery.
A slower engine– If there’s something wrong with the energy system, that’s an early sign that your battery’s performance is declining. If you notice that your engine is slower to crank and behaves sluggish, you may have to get a new battery or hope that a technician can resolve the issue.
Your lights go out– If the headlights don’t turn on at all, then you likely have a dead car battery.
Contact TQ Auto Care For Battery Repair or Replacement in St. Jacobs
Regular maintenance is imperative to keep your vehicle on the road for as long as possible and ensure a safe ride for you and any passengers you may have. Serving the surrounding area of St. Jacobs, Ontario, we can diagnose any problems with your battery and offer solutions to keep it safe and functional.
If you have further questions or would like to book an appointment for a battery checkup, click here to contact TQ Auto Care’s shop today!